The San Mato County Transportation Authority (TA) and City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo County (C/CAG) have released the San Mateo County Shuttle Program Call for Projects (CFP) for fiscal year (FY) 2024 and 2025. The funding for this CFP is intended to start new local transportation services, augment existing services, or continue projects previously funded by the Shuttle Program. Shuttles funded through this Program must be open to the general public, and must conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The Shuttle Program is made up of a combination of C/CAG’s Congestion Relief Program and the TA’s Measure A sales tax funds. This combined funding program offers an estimated $11,000,000 available on a competitive basis for a two-year funding cycle ($10 million from the TA and $1 million from C/CAG).
For any new proposed shuttle services, sponsors are required to attend a pre-submittal meeting with TA staff, District Operations Planning staff, and Commute.org (for commuter shuttles only) for shuttle technical assistance prior to the submittal of an application. In the pre-submittal meeting, staff will agree on the most appropriate technical metrics to be used as assumptions for assessing the proposed service during the CFP.
Please review the schedule and materials below, if you have any questions please reach out to Patrick Gilster at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jennifer Williams at email@example.com. All applications must be emailed to both Patrick and Jennifer by February 24, 2023 by 4:00 PM.
- November 28, 2022 – C/CAG Congestion Management and Environmental Quality Committee (CMEQ) Presentation
- December 15, 2022 – C/CAG Congestion Management Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Presentation
- January 3, 2023 – TA Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC) Presentation
- January 5, 2023 – TA Board of Directors Presentation
- January 12, 2023 – C/CAG Board of Directors Presentation
- January 13, 2023 – Call for Projects Officially Released
- January 20, 2023 - CFP Sponsor Workshop (see details below)
- February 24, 2023 – Applications Due to the TA by 4:00 PM
- March & April 2023 – SamTrans Operations Planning Shuttle Network Concurrence & CFP Evaluation Committee Scoring Period
- May 2023 – Draft Recommendations Presentation to TA CAC & Board and C/CAG CMEQ & TAC
- June 2023 – Final Shuttle Program Adoption by TA & C/CAG Board of Directors
CFP Sponsor Workshop
A one-hour workshop was held on January 20, 2023 from 11:00 AM to noon. The workshop covered the general guidelines and provided a walk through of the application. Registration was not required and access was available using the Zoom. The event was recorded and a link is provided below to view the workshop.
Click Here for the Workshop Recording
Materials for the Shuttle Program CFP FY 2024/2025
- Guidelines (PDF)
- Committee/Board Presentation (PDF)
- Resolution Template (Word)
- Funding Agreement Template (PDF)
- Application (Word)
- Shuttle Operating Cost Calculator (Excel)